This year marks a very special occasion for all of us as we celebrate Canada’s 150th anniversary! In light of this historic time for Canada, our constituency office is inviting students from grade 1 to 12 across Richmond Hill to participate in a fun contest. This contest is a great way to encourage youth participation in this nation-wide celebration.
Students can participate in this contest by submitting either an art work or an essay on one of following three topics:
- What is it like to be a member of the Richmond Hill Community?
- When you think of Canadian culture, what comes to mind?
- What does it mean to be a Canadian for you?
*Essays should be no longer than 3 pages.
There will be three winners who will be chosen by our Richmond Hill Constituency Youth Council. The winners will:
- Have their name mentioned in the Canadian House of Commons
- Receive a golden colour VIP Canada 150 pin
- Presented with a certificate of recognition at our Second Annual Summer BBQ event during the month of July (exact date to be announced) and photo-op
All submissions will be displayed on a wall at our Second Annual Summer Community BBQ.
If your school decides to participate, please contact our office to arrange for a staff member to pick up submissions or instruct students to submit their work directly at our constituency office by June 15, 2017. The winners will be announced at our Second Annual Summer Community BBQ. All participants must submit their Registration/Consent Form with their submission. The Consent form and the invitation of participation by MP. Jowhari can be found on the bottom of this page.
For further information you can contact our office at 905-707-9701 or Majid.Jowhari@parl.gc.ca.
Click here to download the Invitation of Participation
Click here to download the Consent Form