On October 13, I had the opportunity to visit students of the Grade 10 Civics class at Jean Vanier Catholic High School. We were able to engage in a two-dialogue on my journey into politics and current role as an MP which included:
- Journey into politics
- A ‘day in the life’ of an MP and what the job entails
- A general overview of the workings of the House of Commons
- Current issues/debates that are occurring in the House
and their questions, which included:
- Why did you want to become an MP?
- How would you describe your job?
- What is the most rewarding/challenging part of your job?
- Do you have any memorable experiences you can share?
- What different roles within government have you served?
It was great to see the enthusiasm and interest our youth have in the community and getting involved. There are lots of internship and volunteer opportunities in my community office, and I encourage you to contact us for more information.