As the representative for York Region on the Standing Committee on Industry, Science and Technology in Ottawa, I was delighted to speak at the second annual York Region Broadband and Innovation Summit this year. The topic of focus was a Broadband Economy, and how it will increase and improve accessibility to innovation across a wide range of sectors, including economic development, small business, manufacturing and more. I was honoured to share the stage with the following experts:
- Keynote Speaker: Robert Bell, Co-Founder Intelligent Community Forum
- Panel Member: Ysni Semsedini, CEO Festival Hydro Inc. & Rhyzome Networks
- Panel Member: Doug McCollough, CIO, City of Dublin, Ohio
- Panel Member: Dr. Rick Huijbregts, MD and VP Cisco
- Panel Member: Michael Curri, Founder & President, Strategic Networks Group
- Panel Moderator: Alfonso Licata, Ontario Research and Innovation Optical Network
- Master of Ceremonies: Marc Saltzman, Journalist, Author and TV Personality
Innovation is the path to inclusive growth. It fosters a thriving middle class and opens the country to new economic, social and environmental possibilities. It is essential in shaping our future, but it also starts right here in Richmond Hill, a dynamic town, with a highly educated population, a diverse community of citizens, and a keen appreciation for business opportunities – especially those at the intersection of innovation and technology.
We share a community with neighbouring Markham, an established hub of technology, and we need to work to be recognized as an Intelligent York Region who is taking steps toward a sustainable economic environment that supports innovation.
#IntelligentYR #YorkRegion #Innovation #RichmondHill